First, this can be a controversial subject, I would love to know your opinions on the topic!!
Ok, so should you have your wedding on a holiday weekend?
- Save Money!! Can have your date on a Sunday. Cheaper costs and everyone still has the next day off! Watch out though, some venues are wise to this and will charge you the same rate as Saturday night! Booo
- People are in an festive, celebratory mood already!
- Family and Friends usually plan on getting together anyways!
- Can tie in a fun theme!
- May be easier to get time off, since most people already have a 3 days weekend, guests may only need to take one more day off, if any!
- Travel can be more expensive
- People may not love their holiday being used up. Just make sure you throw a fun wedding and they'll forgive you!
- People may have other plans or traditions
Holidays to look for
- 4th of July- This year you could have had your wedding on a Tuesday for probably a great price at a lot of venues!!
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day- This one and Memorial are always popular! You'll probably need to book early!
- President's Day
- New Year's Eve- This one can be hit or miss depending on your particular set of family and friends!
- Martin Luther King Day
- Veteran's Day
Holidays to AvoidRemember some holidays are very sacred to people, and are primarily reserved for families, so you MAY offend some people by selecting these dates.... But of course as always, the choice is yours!
- Valentine's Day
- Halloween- Be watchful of the time, so parents with kids can still let them trick or treat! You don't want a bunch of cranky kids at your wedding
- New Year's Day- People generally want to lay around and be lazy!